Saturday, November 21, 2009

Stone Soup

Recently, my frustration in my artwork (and my life in general) is stemming from my attempts to combine the following-










And while this all makes perfect sense to me, I can't seem to articulate it to others without sounding like some sort of crazed baglady hepped up on goofballs, complaining about "kids these days" and the price of milk. Or I really only hit one or two connections, but people draw the rest of the story themselves, and it's completely inaccurate and no one is satisfied. Or worse, I just sound stupid.

As usual, Herriman seems to sum it up wisely-



(Yucky photo with the gloves and goo in a jar is from this interesting article- http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3994-ancient-roman-cosmetic-cream-unearthed.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment